Okay I have to admit – sigh – real life has gotten in the way of my adventurous goal of 1667 words per day this year for NaNoWriMo. I find that I am so far behind as of today that I won’t meet that goal until Christmas Day, or there about. So I decided to reevaluate my goal here.
- The story I am writing is interesting to me.
- I really like the character and she is anxious to tell me her story.
- There are too many obligations I have both with my writing and personal life, that writing more than one or two hours a day is all I can devote to this challenge.
- If I want my roof redone, I am going to have to sacrifice some writing time.
- If I want to save my sanity, I will have to sacrifice some writing time.
That all being said, I am going to scale back my expectations and aim for 1000 to 1200 words a day for at least a 30,000 word draft. Notice I am not quitting. I am still planning to write a draft – just a scaled back one.
How about all of you? Are you perking along on the path to a 50,000 word goal, or like me, lagging behind? Share with me how you are coping with NaNaWriMo in the comments below.